Saturday, July 14, 2007

Hanging Lake Trail!

Today I finally got something near a reliable internet connection. It does not work in our room at the Valdoro Resort in Breckenridge (Colorado of course) but at least it does in the Members Lounge! lol Like I am a member.! HA! I've rarely set foot in such ritzy places. O, well. At least they think I am special! hehe

Anyway...We went on this really cool hike today. In was called the Hanging Lake Trail. Big surprise considering the Title I know, but bear with me.

So I guess I will upload a couple of more for you all. The one right below is the trail in the beginning. The one just above is the start of the real trail.


About half way up the trail.
A side Quest.

Still had about .4 miles to go but...I guess I knew I would get there...God is still working with me. :-)
Neat Stream.

More awesome rocks!

The pool where the water in the stream comes from!
Above the pool.



The water that goes into the pool comes from right out of the rocks!! It is about 20 feet up on the face of the rocks. Way cool!
More of the same pool but way higher! Had to climb quite a bit to get this one. No trail! haha Feel the power!

Well, that's about it for today. Catcha all laterz!

4 comments:

Sharon Fogarty said...

Hi Gavin,
Dad and I just finished looking at your pictures of Saturday's post. We LOVED them so much and smiled as we scrolled down through the stack.
all
I can say is that I am glad I saw those pictures AFTER you came back. It looked rather dangerous up there. And Carol climbs? WOW!!!
Everyone at church says hello and they miss you.
Dad and I have begun THE PROJECT. We dug to see where the pipe was running. Now we are in the planning stage in earnest. Christopher stopped by on his way up to Gettysburg to give us a ballpark figure on the plumbing. He also mentioned how much he missed you. you have been a huge blessing to him.
Well take care and keep in touch. it is the highlight of our day.
We love you.
Take care and walk with the KING.
Love,
Mom

Master Casual said...

*Sniff* You guys Rock! lol Carol does not climb. We did more than the hike called for! And it was not too dangerous...maybe just a little. ;-)

Cheers!

Anonymous said...

Hey Gavin,

That rock climbing stuff must be prietty fun and adventuresome. I'm a little less adventersome but I work as a carpenter for my Grandpa, and I'm also good at fixing office chairs.
I hope you write a new story soon, I'm not a blogger but I like to leave comments on blogs.

Anonymous said...

Cool Gavin! You look like Tarzan. lol